Intero Integrity Services is the world’s only inspection and industrial services specialist to combine innovative technologies, critical insights, state-of-the-art equipment and advanced data management, with a streamlined project approach. Dedicated to significantly increasing the lifetime and performance of industrial assets and installations, our unique approach renders our team fully equipped to create unique packages and turnkey solutions for our clients.
Due to our amazing and rapid growth, we are hiring for a newly created position of Applications Engineer in our Toronto, Ontario location.
As an Applications Engineer, reporting to the MFL Robotics Fulfilment Manager, this position takes the lead, in collaboration with current product engineering, to assess technical offers supporting our MFL commercial team’s customer inquiries. Collaborating with our experienced team, gathering data, reviewing issues, and suggesting or creating technical solutions to continuously improve the operational equipment for success is a key responsibility. In addition, reviewing new solutions and improving current product applications is critical for success in this role.
- Review and assess inquiries from our commercial team regarding use-case(s) of commercial equipment;
- Oversee execution and testing of commercial products in relation to customer requests;
- Become operational teams primary contact for technical product issues;
- Lead and manage data for continuous improvement of products including tracking issues and forecasting impact and benefits;
- Act as liaison between commercial and engineering teams to ensure equipment is meeting or exceeding requirements and specifications for customers;
- Facilitate on call support of Pipe Explorer field operations;
- Support training and related documentation for new products introductions;
- Be ready and willing to take on challenges and to aid our teams with technical expertise; and
- Be safety minded – nothing comes before safety.
- University degree in mechatronic or mechanical engineering or equivalent experience;
- A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in engineering team or equivalent;
- Previous technical troubleshooting experience;
- Possess hands-on skills, mechanically inclined abilities;
- Above average computer skills including data maintenance and analysis and Microsoft Office applications;
- Possess data logging (data decision making) skills;
- Graphic visualization system experience & skills (e.g. spatial sense, 3D models);
- Experience using computer drafting software (e.g. SolidWorks);
- Experience working in technical cross-functional and multi-disciplinary teams;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal;
- Excellent organization skills, professional attitude and process focused work style; and
- Able to work and succeed within a team or independently.
Nice to Have
- Prior experience in the inline inspection industry with MFL technologies,
- Prior experience with robotic technologies, and
- Experience in electronics design, testing, and troubleshooting.
- Competitive wages and an annual bonus program based on company and individual performance.
- Engaging company culture that encourages teamwork and rewards both team and individual achievements.
- On-site gym with shower facilities.
- Health & wellness program with extended healthcare insurance available (including dental & vision), life insurance, AD&D, flexible working hours, company holidays and paid time off.
If interested, please forward your resume/CV to InteroCanada-Recruiting@intero-integrity.com.